We can teach prospective employees about plants if they have a positive and upbeat attitude toward the public. It certainly helps if you come to us with some horticulture knowledge. Of course, that could be a college education or a life long devotion to a personal garden and hands-on acquired knowledge through working with plants.
Knowledge of plants include:
- Annuals and container gardening and design.
- Perennial garden design and the plants that work in different cultural situations.
- Trees, shrubs, vines and native plants.
- Production knowledge in any of these areas.
- Positions are also available in the retail environment of the gift shop. Receiving, inventory control and computer related skills are also employment opportunities in all businesses, but it helps if you know about plants when applying at Lockwood’s Greenhouses.
Compensation is based on the applicant’s skill level and compatibility with Lockwood’s job description for the available position.
Applicants need to be team players as everyone works together to make Lockwood’s a special work environment. If you think you’d like to join our family, please come in and meet the owners in person. Sending a resume ahead and following up is also a great way to make a good first impression. A majority of our staff has been with us for many years, so most positions are available on a limited basis... but we’re always looking for enthusiastic applicants. Call (716) 649-4684 or stop by today.